Tuesday 15 July 2008

Power of Senses

There are so many thing we get or achieve in life, that few basic things which are very crucial to us, we take for granted. Have u ever thought about not able to see the world around you, or hear the beautiful voices or the fact that you have many feelings inside you, which you can't express, as you can't speak. No, I am sure you haven't. Just imagine how frustrating this can be. Just the thought of these possibilities make me stammer. So, just imagine people who are living with these disparities. How do they manage to lead there day to day life. What brings them happiness, how can they enjoy the sheer beauty & noises of our mother nature. And most importantly how can we bring a change in their life.
Life is too short, if we can just leave few happy moments in lives of people around us and not only the people whom we are associated with. Guess who is my biggest motivator in life, one of my lecturers from my Eng(hons) classes in DU. Not just because he was blind, or he was a teacher, but also because he was full of passion and enthusiasm, I never could miss his class. I just wonder sometimes, how did he get such positive attitude in life. I have learned a lot from him, not just academically but also behavioural traits. I have learned to respect what I have got. I have learned to respect others, the way they are. I have learned to be happy and strong against any odds that come my way.
"I look upon people, rather than looking down at them".
I never think that oh my God I don't have it, rather I think wow I have got so much more than billions of people and there so much more I can achieve. That's keeps me going at the same time keeps me grounded. Most importantly, I try and give joy to people around me, especially the people who are deprived of it. As in, just pass a smile to a street child/ beggar or possibly share your candy with the poor children, domestic help & the scavengers. Such small gestures would not harm anyone at all, but make them smile back at you!!

No comments: